The Alliance to End Plastic Waste (“AEPW”) is a leading global membership organization made up of CEOs from over 40 international companies that make, use, sell, process, collect and recycle plastics with a clear mission to help end plastic waste in the environment. To achieve this goal, AEPW is bringing together industry, governments, intergovernmental organizations, civil society, local communities and citizens to advance a range of solutions that can be deployed around the world, especially where the challenge of unmanaged plastic waste is greatest.
While plastics have helped improve living standards, hygiene and nutrition around the world, rapid increases in the consumption of plastic goods combined with a lack of adequate waste management systems in some parts of the world have led to a global environmental challenge that is affecting communities, individuals and wildlife.
AEPW is collaborating with organizations from civil society, innovators, entrepreneurs and national, regional and local governments to develop scalable solutions that will keep plastic waste out of the environment. Alliance projects and partnerships will help minimize and manage plastic waste and increase the value of plastic waste streams while also supporting overall sustainable development including improvements to the quality of life, health, local jobs and economic activity in many communities.
The AEPW has committed nearly US$1 billion, with a goal of deploying US$1.5 billion within five years of the Alliance’s launch in January 2019.
AEPW has developed a global vision and a comprehensive, integrated strategy made up of four pillars:
• Infrastructure to collect and manage waste and increase recycling, especially in developing countries;
• Innovation to advance and scale new technologies and business models that minimize waste, make recycling and recovering plastics easier and create value from all post-use plastics;
• Education and engagement of governments at all levels, businesses, communities and consumers to mobilize action; and,
• Clean up and prevention of concentrated areas of plastic waste in the environment.
The members of the Alliance to End Plastic waste represent the following companies: BASF SE, Berry Global, Braskem S.A., Charter NEX Films, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, China Petrochemical & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec), Clariant International Ltd., Covestro, Dow Inc., Equate Petrochemical Company, ExxonMobil, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A., Gemini Corporation NV, Geocycle, Grupo Phoenix, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, LyondellBasell, Milliken & Company, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., NOVA Chemicals, Novolex, OxyChem - Occidental Chemical Corp., PepsiCo Inc., PolyOne Corporation, Pregis LLC, Reliance Industries Limited, Sasol Limited, Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC), SCG, Sealed Air, Shell, SKC, Storopack GmbH, Suez, Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd., The Procter & Gamble Company, Tomra Systems ASA, TOTAL, Veolia, Versalis and Westlake Chemical. AEPW welcomes all companies, big or small, from all regions and sectors to support this effort.
We are looking for a talented and dynamic communications manager with a strong understanding of the power of communications to influence behaviour and drive societal change. This person will be part of a small dynamic team implementing communications programs globally, with initial focus on Asia and the Pacific, Europe, and the US, and is able to drive communications strategies and tactics across multiple countries. In order to be successful, this person must also have a good grasp of cultural nuances, in particular within Asia and in priority markets.
This position reports to the Vice President, Communications, of the Alliance and is based at the Alliance’s headquarters in Singapore.
ROLE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, implement and execute an integrated multi-stakeholder communications program ensuring accurate targeting of stakeholders and adequate reach of messages to influence awareness of efforts to address the issue of plastic waste in the environment.
• Extend awareness and build thought leadership for AEPW, our programs and points-of-view on the issue of plastic waste in the environment through communications outreach including the development of regional Alliance-sponsored events and sponsorship and/or participation in third party thought leadership events.
• Collaborate with partners of the Alliance to support consistency in messaging and storytelling.
• Establish an editorial calendar and cadence of communications that incorporates earned, paid and social media outreach with input from multiple internal AEPW stakeholders to maximize the impact of AEPW announcements, project developments, events and leadership activities.
• Lead the development of content for the Alliance including fact sheets, brochures, and videos.
• Oversee PR and other communications related agencies, in particular throughout the Asia Pacific region.
• Manage issues management, crisis communication and issue-oriented topics, whether initiated locally or in collaboration with the global communications leader.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders such as the CEO and program teams to develop and execute internal communications strategy and plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Advertising, Marketing or equivalent. A relevant master’s degree is an advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in communications, preferably with some experience in sustainability related areas
• Experience in data-driven approach of communications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of other languages an advantage.
• Proven issues management/crisis communications experience
• Eager to work in a fast-paced environment
• A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your sleeves attitude that’s not afraid to work independently when required.
CANDIDATE APPLICATION PROCESS
How to Apply: Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Application Closing Date: 31st January 2020
Back to Employment Opportunities