The Alliance to End Plastic Waste (“AEPW”) is a leading global membership organization made up of CEOs from over 40 international companies that make, use, sell, process, collect and recycle plastics with a clear mission to help end plastic waste in the environment. To achieve this goal, AEPW is bringing together industry, governments, intergovernmental organizations, civil society, local communities and citizens to advance a range of solutions that can be deployed around the world, especially where the challenge of unmanaged plastic waste is greatest.
While plastics have helped improve living standards, hygiene and nutrition around the world, rapid increases in the consumption of plastic goods combined with a lack of adequate waste management systems in some parts of the world have led to a global environmental challenge that is affecting communities, individuals and wildlife.
AEPW is collaborating with organizations from civil society, innovators, entrepreneurs and national, regional and local governments to develop scalable solutions that will keep plastic waste out of the environment. Alliance projects and partnerships will help minimize and manage plastic waste and increase the value of plastic waste streams while also supporting overall sustainable development including improvements to the quality of life, health, local jobs and economic activity in many communities.
The AEPW has committed nearly US$1 billion, with a goal of deploying US$1.5 billion within five years of the Alliance’s launch in January 2019.
AEPW has developed a global vision and a comprehensive, integrated strategy made up of four pillars:
• Infrastructure to collect and manage waste and increase recycling, especially in developing countries;
• Innovation to advance and scale new technologies and business models that minimize waste, make recycling and recovering plastics easier and create value from all post-use plastics;
• Educationand engagement of governments at all levels, businesses, communities and consumers to mobilize action; and,
• Clean Up and prevention of concentrated areas of plastic waste in the environment.
The members of the Alliance to End Plastic waste represent the following companies: BASF SE, Berry Global, Braskem S.A., Charter NEX Films, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, China Petrochemical & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec), Clariant International Ltd., Covestro, Dow Inc., Equate Petrochemical Company, ExxonMobil, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A., Gemini Corporation NV, Geocycle, Grupo Phoenix, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, LyondellBasell, Milliken & Company, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., NOVA Chemicals, Novolex, OxyChem - Occidental Chemical Corp., PepsiCo Inc., PolyOne Corporation, Pregis LLC, Reliance Industries Limited, Sasol Limited, Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC), SCG, Sealed Air, Shell, SKC, Storopack GmbH, Suez, Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd., The Procter & Gamble Company, Tomra Systems ASA, TOTAL, Veolia, Versalis and Westlake Chemical.
AEPW welcomes all companies, big or small, from all regions and sectors to support this effort.
AEPW seeks a savvy and dynamic individual to serve as IT Specialist for the organization. Working closely with and reporting to the CFO, this person will play a leading role in developing the organization’s information systems.
The role will be primarily focused on ensuring that the information technology systems and processes are designed for the successful operation of the organization.
The position is full-time and based in Singapore.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The IT specialist must have a firm grasp of several programming languages, as well as experience dealing with a range of software and hardware types.
• Work across the AEPW organisation to determine requirements
• Engage with stakeholders to define the scope of the project
• Plan timeline and resources needed for specific projects
• Responsible for network management, software development and database administration
• Build the organization’s database architecture so that data is correctly stored, safe and secure and easily accessible
• Define software, hardware and network requirements
• Identify and resolve project issues
• Prepare project status reports
• Provides AEPW with information by designing methods to collect and retrieve data.
• Collects data by identifying sources of information and designing survey and collection methods.
• Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. Refine and regularly perform IT security assessments
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Staying up to date with the emerging technologies and it’s potential effectiveness in the company’s current system
• Providing IT hardware and software support and trouble shooting for the team when necessary
• Oversee the setting up and configuration of employee emails, printers, maintenance of servers and back up services
• Devise, document and implement IT policies and database security procedures
• Maintain an updated IT inventory for IT equipment
• Regularly evaluating the company’s IT system to ensure they meet the necessary demands
• Work with external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors for IT related matters
• Train employees on how to use new computer hardware /software when necessary
The Alliance to End Plastic Waste has prioritized the following mission critical leadership competencies:
• Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
• Persuades – Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
• Strategic Vision – Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
• Navigates Networks – Effectively building formal and informal relationships inside and outside the organization.
• Global Perspective – Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
• Balances Stakeholders – Anticipating and appreciating the varying needs of all parties invested in outcomes.
• Technical understanding
• Process improvement
• Data processing
• Reporting research results
• Networking knowledge
• Presenting technical information
• Written and verbal communication
• Operating systems
• Reporting skills
• Client relationships
• Documentation skills
• Hardware and software configuration
• Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Personable and good communication skills
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• You must be proficient in several programming languages and be experienced in writing code. You will have an expert level proficiency in MS Office Applications, including Project.
• Familiar with information security practices and procedures
• In-depth knowledge of various computer hardware and software technologies
• Attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering
• Minimum of five years of experience in IT or database administration
• Experience working with following environments: Mac OS, Windows 10 & Windows Server 2008+ operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange / Office 365, Network Storage, Azure, KACE 1000
• Experience setting up and troubleshooting various technical equipment such as laptops, video conferencing systems, mobiles, etc.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Java, etc.)
CANDIDATE APPLICATION PROCESS
How to Apply: Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Application Closing Date: 14th February 2020
Back to Employment Opportunities