The Alliance to End Plastic Waste (“AEPW”) is a leading global membership organization made up of CEOs from over 40 international companies that make, use, sell, process, collect and recycle plastics with a clear mission to help end plastic waste in the environment. To achieve this goal, AEPW is bringing together industry, governments, intergovernmental organizations, civil society, local communities and citizens to advance a range of solutions that can be deployed around the world, especially where the challenge of unmanaged plastic waste is greatest.
While plastics have helped improve living standards, hygiene and nutrition around the world, rapid increases in the consumption of plastic goods combined with a lack of adequate waste management systems in some parts of the world have led to a global environmental challenge that is affecting communities, individuals and wildlife.
AEPW is collaborating with organizations from civil society, innovators, entrepreneurs and national, regional and local governments to develop scalable solutions that will keep plastic waste out of the environment. Alliance projects and partnerships will help minimize and manage plastic waste and increase the value of plastic waste streams while also supporting overall sustainable development including improvements to the quality of life, health, local jobs and economic activity in many communities.
The AEPW has committed nearly US$1 billion, with a goal of deploying US$1.5 billion within five years of the Alliance’s launch in January 2019.
AEPW has developed a global vision and a comprehensive, integrated strategy made up of four pillars:
• Infrastructure to collect and manage waste and increase recycling, especially in developing countries;
• Innovation to advance and scale new technologies and business models that minimize waste, make recycling and recovering plastics easier and create value from all post-use plastics;
• Educationand engagement of governments at all levels, businesses, communities and consumers to mobilize action; and,
• Clean Up and prevention of concentrated areas of plastic waste in the environment.
The members of the Alliance to End Plastic waste represent the following companies: BASF SE, Berry Global, Braskem S.A., Charter NEX Films, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, China Petrochemical & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec), Clariant International Ltd., Covestro, Dow Inc., Equate Petrochemical Company, ExxonMobil, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A., Gemini Corporation NV, Geocycle, Grupo Phoenix, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, LyondellBasell, Milliken & Company, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., NOVA Chemicals, Novolex, OxyChem - Occidental Chemical Corp., PepsiCo Inc., PolyOne Corporation, Pregis LLC, Reliance Industries Limited, Sasol Limited, Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC), SCG, Sealed Air, Shell, SKC, Storopack GmbH, Suez, Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd., The Procter & Gamble Company, Tomra Systems ASA, TOTAL, Veolia, Versalis and Westlake Chemical.
AEPW welcomes all companies, big or small, from all regions and sectors to support this effort.
AEPW seeks an entrepreneurial and dynamic individual to serve as Partnerships and Membership Specialist for the organization. Working closely with and reporting to the VP Partnerships, this person will play a leading role in developing the mission’s brand, values and interest.
The role will be primarily focused on outreach activities to members and partners, starting with the recruitment, engagement and retention of members and establishing strategic partnerships across a diverse set of stakeholders in support of the Alliance’s mission. This lead will also be responsible for seamless internal communication among AEPW and its member companies.
Support the VP Partnerships in building and maintaining collaborative relationships with key value chain leaders, including Chief Executive Officers, Corporate staff, Office Heads and all leaders of existing and potential member organizations to advance the goals and priorities of the Alliance.
Understand and build on the value proposition to members of the Alliance. Execute the strategy to significantly increase the budget of the organization. Facilitate an environment for senior stakeholders to establish and maintain a network of relationships with current and future members. Specifically, design and execute a strategy of business development activities to generate interest in the organisation.
Ensure that the membership list is up to date and take steps to ensure that members are regularly involved in the organization.
The position is full-time and based in Singapore.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The candidates will need experience in putting together collaborations from idealization to execution with impact involving academia, NGOs, industry, and government agencies. They will need to be able to demonstrate the impact and tangible results of these collaborations. The candidate will be able to list “triple-bottom-line” results.
• Strong industry credibility. The specialist will have the appropriate gravitas to work closely with AEPW members. They will have proven team development and leadership experience.
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management and crowdsourcing.
• Day-to-day member relationship management. To ensure AEPW members are actively engaged, you will act as a point of contact between members and the Alliance. You will use a number of tools to ensure this is done in a systematic and professional, including a series webinar series, interactive member web portal and direct communication.
• Data management. To enable both membership management and recruitment, you will use the AEPW/WBCSD CRM tool (Salesforce). This not only provides real-time data for reporting and relationship management, it also is a key risk management tool to help membership retention. You will be responsible for the AEPW data management within Salesforce.
• Project management. You will be responsible for the management of member management/recruitment related projects such as Webinars, physical meetings etc.
• Member recruitment support. You will support the Manager, Corporate Outreach in membership recruitment efforts. Participate in recruitment events and calls, identify potential members and provide a summary of those company’s commitments and goals in the management of plastic waste.
• Communications support. Working with the Communications Manager, you will ensure communications with members is delivered in a timely and professional manner. Manage content for the interactive member web portal.
• Research. You will monitor and report to the Plastics team developments in the field of plastic waste, and provide an overview of the policy landscape related to the use and management of post-use plastic. An understanding and experience with informal economies is preferred.
The Alliance to End Plastic Waste has prioritized the following mission critical leadership competencies:
• Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
• Persuades – Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
• Strategic Vision – Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
• Navigates Networks – Effectively building formal and informal relationships inside and outside the organization.
• Global Perspective – Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
• Balances Stakeholders – Anticipating and appreciating the varying needs of all parties invested in outcomes.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Have demonstrated excellent business development abilities; be able to manage complex issues. Have at least 10 years of post-graduate experience.
• Strong international experience; display the ability to work with both corporations and multilateral organizations and institutions (e.g. the founding members of the Alliance as well as with start-ups and NGOs), and foreign governments including politicians, diplomats and representatives.
• Have strong communication skills; be someone who can clearly and with substantive credibility articulate the message and command the respect of their audience.
• Be an activist; someone who respectfully challenges ideas for the betterment of the organization.
• Strong educational credentials are required. An advanced degree in business administration or related field is preferred.
CANDIDATE APPLICATION PROCESS
How to Apply: Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: 14th February 2020
Back to Employment Opportunities