The Alliance to End Plastic Waste (“AEPW”) is a leading global membership organization made up of CEOs from over 40 international companies that make, use, sell, process, collect and recycle plastics with a clear mission to help end plastic waste in the environment. To achieve this goal, AEPW is bringing together industry, governments, intergovernmental organizations, civil society, local communities and citizens to advance a range of solutions that can be deployed around the world, especially where the challenge of unmanaged plastic waste is greatest.
While plastics have helped improve living standards, hygiene and nutrition around the world, rapid increases in the consumption of plastic goods combined with a lack of adequate waste management systems in some parts of the world have led to a global environmental challenge that is affecting communities, individuals and wildlife.
AEPW is collaborating with organizations from civil society, innovators, entrepreneurs and national, regional and local governments to develop scalable solutions that will keep plastic waste out of the environment. Alliance projects and partnerships will help minimize and manage plastic waste and increase the value of plastic waste streams while also supporting overall sustainable development including improvements to the quality of life, health, local jobs and economic activity in many communities.
The AEPW has committed nearly US$1 billion, with a goal of deploying US$1.5 billion within five years of the Alliance’s launch in January 2019.
AEPW has developed a global vision and a comprehensive, integrated strategy made up of four pillars:
• Infrastructure to collect and manage waste and increase recycling, especially in developing countries;
• Innovation to advance and scale new technologies and business models that minimize waste, make recycling and recovering plastics easier and create value from all post-use plastics;
• Education and engagement of governments at all levels, businesses, communities and consumers to mobilize action; and,
• Clean up and prevention of concentrated areas of plastic waste in the environment.
The members of the Alliance to End Plastic waste represent the following companies: BASF SE, Berry Global, Braskem S.A., Charter NEX Films, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, China Petrochemical & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec), Clariant International Ltd., Covestro, Dow Inc., Equate Petrochemical Company, ExxonMobil, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A., Gemini Corporation NV, Geocycle, Grupo Phoenix, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, LyondellBasell, Milliken & Company, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., NOVA Chemicals, Novolex, OxyChem - Occidental Chemical Corp., PepsiCo Inc., PolyOne Corporation, Pregis LLC, Reliance Industries Limited, Sasol Limited, Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC), SCG, Sealed Air, Shell, SKC, Storopack GmbH, Suez, Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd., The Procter & Gamble Company, Tomra Systems ASA, TOTAL, Veolia, Versalis and Westlake Chemical. AEPW welcomes all companies, big or small, from all regions and sectors to support this effort.
The Project / Programme Manager will be responsible for varying stages of the end-to-end screening, development, detailed planning and delivery of strategic projects/programs, across the strategic pillars of the Alliance and in collaboration with a leading key stakeholders and institutions.
ROLE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designing and applying an appropriate project management framework for projects locally and in the region (using best in class project standards)
• Manage a team of resources including a mix of full-time dedicated staff resources, partially allocated member company resources, partners and 3rd party contractors
• Planning and monitoring of projects schedules and budget
• Ensuring the stakeholder experience with AEPW is of the highest standard and resolving issues in a prompt and efficient manner
• Implementing and improving project management standards
• Manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans
• Identify any potential safety risks within projects & putting in place strategies to negate any risks.
• Ensuring all required Environmental, Health and Safety requirements are met
• Completing components of projects that require you to get involved and work on a project on site where required
• Managing project administration including all necessary contract administration throughout the delivery phase
• Prepare external consultancy briefs/contract and manage all external resources where required
• Develop, liaise and maintain relationships with all stakeholders on a regular basis
• Provide progress report and update the workflow system to monitor stages accurately where required
• Undergraduate degree in relevant field; ideally relevant masters degree, additional information systems and data analysis certifications desired
• 10-15+ years of experience in project management
• Technical and business expertise in the plastics value chain, waste management or recycling industries, or other related industry experience
• Demonstrated capability in developing and managing multi stakeholder initiatives, engineering projects, and capital investments
• Experience in leading or influencing multidisciplinary project teams
• Demonstrates an open, collaborative, self-starter approach—able to develop innovative solutions to complex project challenges by proactively leveraging the expertise of various stakeholders.
• Experience in working with communities and governments / regulatory agencies is an asset and capable of working with communities and government leaders to understand their needs and reflect them in project plans.
• Excellent analytical and business planning skills – able to clearly assess, define and quantify project needs and then develop pragmatic project plans
• Demonstrated success in delivering projects on time, on budget, safely and consistent with all laws and regulations
• Experience in managing projects in developing markets (e.g. SE Asia, India, Africa, etc) is desirable
Personal & Professional Qualifications
• Demonstrated ability to manage teams and leverage expert resources
• Proven technical and business expertise in the plastics value chain, waste management or recycling industries, or other related industry experience
• Strong relationship management and communication skills; Ability to manage relationships with senior academics, NGOs, business community, others
• Track record of delivering high quality, on-time/budget projects
CANDIDATE APPLICATION PROCESS
How to Apply: Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Application Closing Date: 31st January 2020
Back to Employment Opportunities